Friday, July 8, 2016

When Life....

So, when life gives you lemons I've heard that people put them in their sweet tea, make lemonade, or throw them at others. I for one, have had lots of "lemons" given to me lately. And I can assuredly say that I have not thrown them at anyone...I've tried to, though.
When situations become too much for the human body, mind, and spirit to bear, it is easy to want to and try to throw our lemons at others. Hurting people hurt people. It's a fact. Plain and simple. However, this summer (with all of its lemons) has taught me so many lessons that will NEVER leave me. One of them has been to earnestly seek [active verb] truth (like real Jesus TRUTH) in every situation. No matter how bitter and sour the lemons are, one thing always remains, TRUTH. Jesus said He is the Truth. Jesus is unchanging. He is forever. Truth is forever. Training myself to seek truth out (and not just wait for it to come to me) has been super tough, but it is a lesson I will value always. I have had to preach the truth to myself over and over and over to store it in my thick skull. I still have moments throughout the day when I take the time to speak truth (TRUTH) to myself about myself. It is imperative that we believe and speak the truth to ourselves.
Another lesson (the last one I'll share for now) has been that the LORD is the One who has/can/will always KEEP HIS PROMISES. When everyone around you (a bunch of imperfect people) fail at keeping their promises, it hurts like crazy. Yet, there is One above this earth and the troubles this world affords. He is not of this place. His promises are so SURE. They stick for generations. He is never thrown off guard by the lemons in your life (even when they blindside you). He promised to take care of His children. Praise the LORD that promise still stands! Praise the LORD that He is never at fault! Praise the LORD that in a world of chaos and uncertainty there is a God who keeps all His promises (even to untrustworthy people)! When the ground around you is shaking and the lemons are just too much for you to deal with, God keeps His promises. His Word rings true...even in 2016.

So, when life gives me lemons, I remind myself that it's not the end of the world (truth) and that my God has promised to take care of His children. And since I am a precious, worthy (another lesson...I'll share it later) daughter of the Most High, I am going to be taken care of no matter how vicious my lemons happen to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment